I Can't Post Comments In Forums

Baking By Karen_C Updated 20 Jul 2018 , 7:12pm by SandraSmiley

Karen_C Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen_C Posted 11 Jul 2018 , 1:03am
post #1 of 7

i have been a member on this site for several months.  i have never been able to post a comment on a discussion in any forum.  i can type it up and press the submit button...and it looks like it has posted...but there is no post.  i have tried multiple times over several months.

further to this...i have had great difficulty starting a discussion.  it takes several tries before it actual posts.  i have to re create the OP each time.

i can't seem to find a help section or see a contact for tech support.  anyone know why this happening?  my brower? 

i am using  chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)and it is up to date.

anyone know anything about what i could do to resolve this?  if you post an answer and don't see me respond, its because i can't post comments!!!

thanks if you can assist!

6 replies
Debbieshobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbieshobby Posted 12 Jul 2018 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 7

Hi I had the same issue for months. I tried emailing but it was ignored. The one day he just worked. Sorry I cannot give you anymore help on this 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Jul 2018 , 12:57pm
post #3 of 7

it's a flukey board, karen -- it might be that way because in the past we have been slammed with mountains of spam -- dozens of pages at a time -- so i'm sure cake central still gets all that mess but prevents it from posting where we can see it  -- and maybe this delay in posting that affects lots of people is part of the spam prevention process -- I don't really know but it is not just you-- like debbieshobby said -- sorry you're going through that

-K8memphis Posted 13 Jul 2018 , 12:59pm
post #4 of 7

you could private message someone and they could post for you till enough time passes and you get your writing/posting wings

LindsayH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindsayH Posted 19 Jul 2018 , 12:43pm
post #5 of 7

The same thing happened to me. I signed up a few months ago and just today is the first time I've ever been able to post a reply to a thread. I don't think there is anything you can do other than wait it out. It's really frustrating, though. 

-K8memphis Posted 19 Jul 2018 , 4:09pm
post #6 of 7

unfortunately the relentless onslaught of dozens of pages spam is worse -- you can private message me and I can post for you -- or pick someone to pm

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 20 Jul 2018 , 7:12pm
post #7 of 7

I have always been able to post in the forums, but I have been unable to post pictures for weeks.  It has always been a chore, but not I cannot post at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%