Rosette Cake Help Needed

Decorating By SoniD Updated 22 May 2018 , 2:26am by whatthedogate

SoniD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoniD Posted 20 May 2018 , 4:12am
post #1 of 4

Rosette Cake Help NeededHello, I am hoping that someone can help me with this cake.  I made the attached cake and it started to crack.  I know the icing must be too heavy.  Do I need a denser cake or what should I do?  My goal is to make a three tiered wedding cake with rosette cakes on top and bottom, a 6, 10, and 14 inch.  Any help you can offer is appreciated.

Thank you!

3 replies
KitchenSix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenSix Posted 20 May 2018 , 9:41am
post #2 of 4

If I may ask, what do you mean by ‘it cracked’?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 May 2018 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 4

I rather doubt the rosettes had anything to do with your cake cracking.   Look at other highly decorated cakes - you don't see  the 'weight' of the icing effecting the cake.  I mean I've done Lambeth decorated cakes (in b'cream!) w/o cracking problems.   Were your layers level completely before being put together into a tier?  Any sign of cake cracks before it was decorated?  There has to be more than what meets the eye here :)  I'm guessing the layers were not perfectly level.   Also, most of the weight is going to be on the bottom tier of your 3 tier cake therefore not applying pressure to the others.  A 6" round even w/rosettes is not heavy and if it is proper support should keep any problems at bay. 

whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 22 May 2018 , 2:26am
post #4 of 4

I'm not seeing any cracking either.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%