Oh Cake Central.....

Lounge By kstevens Updated 6 May 2018 , 12:15am by whatthedogate

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 5 May 2018 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 6

Anyone else getting an ad that occupies the entire screen when they are trying to login?  For me it only pops up once I click on login. Once I close the ad and actually get logged on to the site I get the 404 error that i don't have access to the page?

As much as i enjoy this site, all the issues irritate the snot out of me!!

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 May 2018 , 7:28pm
post #2 of 6

Yes I sure did:(   But...........don't remember how I got out of it but it went quick and haven't had any more issues (yet!)

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 5 May 2018 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 6

Yes Kelly. Been getting this full screen advert for Mormon church for several days. I have to log out and back in a couple of times before I’m in.

whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 5 May 2018 , 9:23pm
post #4 of 6

@kstevens I think the trick is to be logged in to avoid the most abusive of the ads.  I 100% agree with your sentiment that I truly enjoy this site but the ads and clunky user interface leave me frustrated.  Recently a frequent user said they would love for more members to contribute to the forum.  I agree, and would like to contribute more, but each time I post it's a maze of obstacles to overcome.  I would happily pay a small fee each month to keep this site ad free and more user friendly.  However, I find this site so useful and the users so friendly that I will continue to plug away!

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 5 May 2018 , 10:04pm
post #5 of 6

@whatthedogate the trick for me as of late is to get signed in.  Once I click "login" a giant full screen ad pops up.  Once I close it and login I get the error message. 

whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 6 May 2018 , 12:15am
post #6 of 6

Frustrating!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%