Where Do You Get Baking Supplies/ingerdients? (I Am In Canada)

Business By smashleec Updated 13 Apr 2018 , 6:38pm by -K8memphis

smashleec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smashleec Posted 13 Apr 2018 , 12:12am
post #1 of 5

Wondering if any of you get your baking ingredients from a supplier that can give you bigger quantities than in the grocery stores. Some of the stuff I need comes in small packages and it just seems ridiculous to have to open a million packages and waste all that packaging. I know the costco in my area has nice large packages of sugar and flour. What about piping bags, baking pans, literally anything you get in large/bulk.

I saw that bob's red mills send out large bags of stuff which is amazing! I am doing vegan baking, with some gluten free options. I am trying to find a good vegan butter/margarine in a decent size for it's price too.

4 replies
whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 13 Apr 2018 , 12:46am
post #2 of 5

I use amazon sometimes.  Usually my grocery store or cost co type store.  I use the local cake decorating store for specialty items.

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 13 Apr 2018 , 5:40pm
post #3 of 5

have you tried bulk barn?  i've purchased large quantities of items like icing sugar, shortening from them.  you have to ask them to order them in.

competitivee prices too!

hth

b

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Apr 2018 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 5

i'd recommend checking with restaurant supply houses -- and also when you find the margarine you like contact the maker and see who sells it for them --

best to you

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Apr 2018 , 6:38pm
post #5 of 5

i mean sometimes you might be able to buy it directly from the maker -- ask like-minded restaurants where they get their stuff

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%