Need Pastry Pride Advice For Wedding Cake

Decorating By SoniD Updated 5 Apr 2018 , 6:26pm by kakeladi

SoniD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoniD Posted 5 Apr 2018 , 3:02am
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone,

I'm doing my first wedding cake (for family) with pastry pride.  I'm curious if anyone has frozen a decorated pastry pride cake (unwrapped) overnight and then set up and let it thaw at the venue?  If not and you just refrigerate it, how long are you able to let it set out at the wedding?  I'm just concerned that if it's not cold enough it may not be able to be on display for several hours.  Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks everyone!

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Apr 2018 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 3

clueless -- I've used if before but not enough to remember much -

hopefully someone will respond -- but search on here for pp posts because we have had some pastry pride champions in the past

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Apr 2018 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 3

I have made many cakes - both special occasion and wedding with Frostin Pride.  It is highly recommended instead of Pastry Pride.  (At least many years back when I was using it. Don't know if the formula has changed any.)  I do not ever remember fzing any *before* an event but have fzn leftovers.  Personally I think the PP changes taste/consistency if applied more than 8-12 hrs before consumming.   To me it becomes very greasy and 'flat' tasting.   And if it has been over-whipped it will crack.   Any chance you can completely ice and decorate this cake the morning of the wedding?  PP is much like b'cream as for keeping qualities.  It almost never spoils so it will display just fine for several hours unless it is hot/in the sun.   I definately recommend keeping it cold (refrig'd) as long as possible before displaying. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%