Swiss Meruinge Vs American Buttercream

Baking By Kylie25 Updated 2 Apr 2018 , 9:47pm by kakeladi

Kylie25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kylie25 Posted 2 Apr 2018 , 6:28pm
post #1 of 3

Hello all!

I own a bakery and have quite a large customer base. Each have didferent preferences, of course.

personally, i prefer swiss meringue buttercream on my cakes than american buttercream. But of course there are others who prefer american buttercream and cant stand the taste of swiss meringue. 

what would be the best way to create a happy medium between the two? Or the best way to descirbe them to my customers when they are ordering a cake?

ive tried my best to explain the differences between the two, but ive still had customers come back un happy with the taste of swiss meruinge becuase they are used to the super sweet taste of american buttercream. And then ive also had customers order the same exact cake as the person who disliked it, and come back and tell me how wonderful it was and how it was the best cake and buttercream theyve ever had. 

How do you deal with your customers in this situation?

thanks in advance!

2 replies
jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 2 Apr 2018 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 3

Wondering about giving customers a sample of icing to taste? Because you can describe an icing all you want, but taste says it all. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Apr 2018 , 9:47pm
post #3 of 3

jchuck's suggestion is a good one.   Maybe you could try a very good ABC recipe using all butter.  Have you tried this one:  https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/22469/2-icing   I'm one who does not like SMBC so I've not tried it all butter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%