How Do I Pipe This Filler Flower?

Decorating By Karen_C Updated 28 Mar 2018 , 2:49am by kakeladi

Karen_C Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen_C Posted 27 Mar 2018 , 1:53am
post #1 of 3

Hi All, what tip or technique is used to pipe this flower?

I have tried all my drop tips as well as 102/3/4 petal tips trying to pipe each petal individually.  I just can't seem to get this on.

Any advice is appreciated.

How Do I Pipe This Filler Flower?

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Mar 2018 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 3

Have you ever piped a wild rose?  Or any flat petaled flower before?  This is just the same really - just that there are only 4 petals and a much smaller tip used :)

The smallest rose tip - 101 probably - should do it.  Make them on a flower nail. Cover the nail w/a small sq of wax paper.  Use a b'cream that crusts & let the piped flower dry overnight - don't cover or fz or anything - just let them sit. Hold the tip so the petal comes out on a slant - that's the only way I can think to word it - the back of the bag should point off to your right [unless you're left handed like me, then it points to the left :) ] with the tip sort of flat against the nail -the tip of the tip is maybe 1/8" off the nail. Now turn the nail 1/4 turn and pipe another - do that for 4 petals - the last petal needs to be made w/the top of the tip turned up - maybe 1/3" compared to what you have been doing.  Pipe a tiny tip 1 or 2 dot in the center .  They can be piped right on the cake but you will have to practice, practice, practice 1st :)   Good luck :)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Mar 2018 , 2:49am
post #3 of 3

I found this video that might help you understand how to make the petals.  It's not the 4 petal flower but the petals are made basically the same as it shows.  Hope that helps:) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%