How To Increase Strawberry Flavor In Bc?

Decorating By dream_cakes15 Updated 25 Mar 2018 , 12:34pm by -K8memphis

dream_cakes15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream_cakes15 Posted 24 Mar 2018 , 8:47am
post #1 of 7

I made a batch of crusting strawberry buttercream using nesquick strawberry syrup. It tastes great but the customer wants the strawberry flavor to be stronger. Does anyone have any tips on what I could add to it to make it stronger?

6 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Mar 2018 , 12:31pm
post #2 of 7

I always add a bit of Lorann Strawberry extract to strawberry cakes and frosting.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Mar 2018 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 7

there used to be an old recipe where you defrost frozen strawberries -- strain off the juice and put it in the cake then put the strawberries in the icing -- that might not work with what you've got going -- but if you chop them up first that might make them disappear more but little dots of red strawberriness would probably appear --

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tmi:

and I would charge out the whazoo to recipe test like this -- just my thought on that subject -- I never offered samples to be judged by a client -- if they didn't like it they can pick somebody or something else -- just because they are having a special day doesn't mean they get to tell me my business -- they already got my best -- if they don't like it -- that's their problem --

although to this day -- when I make something -- I pick it apart in a quality control sense -- with family -- i'm always looking to improve -- but there's not a client alive that gets into my pie -- heheheheh

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 24 Mar 2018 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 7

Try these:

http://www.vanillafoodcompany.ca/LorAnn-Candy-Oils-p/lor-candy-par-1oz.htm

Super strength Flavours.  2-3 drops added to your recipe will do along with your other strawberry syrup. Don't add more then that in one try.    

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 24 Mar 2018 , 5:13pm
post #5 of 7

Order strawberry powder from Chef Rubber,  melt a small amount of buttercream in the microwave, mix in the powder until smooth, then fold into your buttercream.  Their powdered fruits are intense,

in a pinch you could use a little strawberry koolaid powder to your buttercream.

dream_cakes15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream_cakes15 Posted 25 Mar 2018 , 3:34am
post #6 of 7

Thanks a lot for the help guys! My next problem now is that my frosting is really grainy!!!:( I’m not sure how this happened. Is there any way of fixing it???

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Mar 2018 , 12:34pm
post #7 of 7

be sure you use cane sugar confectioner's sugar -- like domino's -- if the package doesn't say cane sugar don't buy it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%