Just Want To Say Hi :)

Decorating By sweetlife828 Updated 24 Mar 2018 , 10:34pm by SandraSmiley

sweetlife828 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlife828 Posted 23 Mar 2018 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 4

I'm new to CC, although I have used some convo threads SEVERAL times in the past. I love baking and trying new things and flavors. Red Velvet seems to be what 85% of my orders have consisted of this month. A small restaurant in my hometown buys a dozen of my cupcakes each week, and my dream is to open my own shop. For Christmas last year, I made PieCaken (Pecan, Pumpkin pies and Apple Spice Cake). I have shared my Thin Mints for Girl Scout cupcakes, and love to use fresh strawberries from my dad's produce stand for frosting and cakes. I'm not so great at piping, and I usually stick to taller, 6-in cakes. I just wing my frostings and love to experiment. Fondant and "theme" cakes aren't usually my favorites. I love the pretty, crazy topped, amazing tasting ones.

Any tips, tricks, ideas, etc for a new-ish decorating mama?

Any cake shop advice? 

Do any of you decorate with an attention craving toddler as well? 

3 replies
GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 23 Mar 2018 , 8:52pm
post #2 of 4

Can't give you any cake shop tips, as I'm just hobby baker with no desire to open a shop. Lol. 

But I do decorate with my two daughters! They are past the  years though. :)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Mar 2018 , 6:34pm
post #3 of 4

Put on your reading glasses and get busy reading, reading, reading all the threads on here:)  There is a wealth of information contained in them. 
Shop advice? :(  Probably don't.  It takes all your energy & time away from home :(  It takes lots of customers and $$$$ out the backend!  Be sure to investigate what is required by your local goverment, health dept ect.  There are sooooo many rules to follow.  Sorry to be such a downer but that's what I ran into - still I didn't hessitate to open a 2nd cake bakery when the chance arose:)

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Mar 2018 , 10:34pm
post #4 of 4

Hello Sweetlife, and welcome!  There is already a wealth of information posted on this site and some very knowledgeable, generous members, as well.  I can't help with the shop question either.  This is my retirement hobby and I have absolutely no desire for another job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%