Unicorn Cake Pricing

Business By YeimiJD Updated 6 Mar 2018 , 11:09pm by youngj

YeimiJD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YeimiJD Posted 6 Mar 2018 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone, I’m basically a newbie, but I’ve been selling my cakes for a year now, so I’m a little inexperience still when it comes to pricing. 

Unicorn Cake PricingUnicorn Cake PricingMy question is, how much do you charge for unicorn cakes? this cake (picture attached) is a 6” and I’ve been charging $45 for it. And an 8” inch for $75. Most of my cakes I sell per servings, but I don’t know how to price unicorn cakes :(. 

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Mar 2018 , 9:58pm
post #2 of 3

This may sound harsh but really is needed:  Pricing is sooooooo very complicated!   There is much that must be considered including but not limited to:  are you located in rural, small village, small town, city, bigger city, or very high expense city?  What are other decorators in your area charging?   How much do you have invested in ALL supplies such as box, board, cake & icing ingredients, Those are just a very few of the things that must be considered in pricing.   I dare say you are WAY UNder charging.   So do your homework - search the internet for pricing threads and how to go about making up a pricing chart.  Then get your price up to where y ou are not allowing people to steal from you......I doubt you are even breaking even w/those prices :( 

youngj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
youngj Posted 6 Mar 2018 , 11:09pm
post #3 of 3

I recently went back to working at bakery, and last weekend they did a unicorn cake, 6inch and it was $63. I saw an order for Monday a harry potter unicorn theme cake and it was $75 and I think that was a 6inch as well. My manager posted it on instagram if you have that #mclainsbakerykc #kc. 

Like stated above, pricing is super complicated, I was charging way under until I quoted higher and people went with it! Which i was shocked about! So really take the time to figure out prices, it is SO very important not to cheat yourself. Make sure you get paid for your time, that is very important too! For those people who don't pay, don't chase them, you are not a grocery store bakery.. hint why they don't make unicorn cakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%