Rosette Cake Price?!?

Business By Courtneyscreations2011 Updated 27 Feb 2018 , 8:22pm by kakeladi

Courtneyscreations2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Courtneyscreations2011 Posted 27 Feb 2018 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 3

All right so question for you guys! What would you guys charge for a one color rosette cake? In a 8” double & A 10” double??  And for you those of you who make these cakes, if you do a Ombré  rosette cake how much extra do you charge for that as well? I can’t get my prices down quite right for this cake I feel like. Thank you!  And I think I’m pretty darn good at these cakes, so my work I think is really well. Just trying to pinpoint pricing!  So when I added a picture of is a 10” double . Rosette Cake Price?!?And I’m

2 replies
doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 27 Feb 2018 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 3

Very pretty cake. I don't know how much to charge, it depends on where you are located  but I have to say that you need to cover that cake board with fondant or somekind of paper. You did do a great job on the rosettes. Good work!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Feb 2018 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 3

It would help you a lot if you would do some searching both on this site and on the internet for pricing to see how much goes into pricing including but not limited to:  area where you live; what it cost you in ingredients, packaging, shopping, equipment, lessons, your skill level and soooooo much more!     You need to come up with a basic price chart.   Personally I see no need to charge more for a simple change of color.  This design to me is a 'basic charge'.  What would you charge for a cake that size if it had say 5-6 flowers, a message writen and borders?  Though I have been retired for some yrs now, I started out charging for cakes by how much batter used: if it took one cake mix it was $15 no matter what size, shape, or how decorated and prices went up about $5 per additional amount of batter used.   Of course wedding/tiered cakes were more.    These days most charge by the 'slice'.  Like $3 or $4 per slice/serving for b'cream and maybe a $ or 2 more for fondant. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%