My Very First Fondnt Cake

Sugar Work By sweetdreamzz Updated 27 Feb 2018 , 9:46pm by sweetdreamzz

sweetdreamzz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetdreamzz Posted 27 Feb 2018 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 5

So here is my very first time working with fondant . I think i did well giving the circumstances . I was notified late friday night with a delivery time of sunday morning and I had to work  8-3 on saturday . I added tylos to some of the figures to help dry faster. I know my handwriting sucks, which will def get better. The paintbrush i had was not small enought to write and I didn't have time to go get another one!  i know I  have work to do but im excited to shareas this is my first . Please give pointers, tips and advice that you all are willing to share  regarding fondant and such!My Very First Fondnt CakeMy Very First Fondnt CakeMy Very First Fondnt CakeMy Very First Fondnt Cake

4 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 27 Feb 2018 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 5

It looks great, sweetdreamzzz!  Absolutely the only thing I can see that could be improved upon (and that is too minor to mention) is the smoothness of the fondant.  I appears that the finish - buttercream, ganache, whatever - underneath the fondant was not completely smooth, so it left the fondant a litttly lumpy.  Again, this is so minor, only another decorator would ever notice.  Beautiful cake!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Feb 2018 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 5

Ditto what Sandra said.   Another tip for you:  take your pictures in a clean, cleared place  - pay much attention to what is in the background.  Some day you will be sorry this beauty was photographed in the box. 

sweetdreamzz Posted 27 Feb 2018 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 5

Yes i am in the process of trying to set up diy backdrop and board to take my pics on! Thankyou!!

sweetdreamzz Posted 27 Feb 2018 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 5

Thankyou! Yes i noticed and someone who seen the pic (wasnt a baker) didnt notice lol woth more time i know my net project will be better I cant wait!

Quote by @SandraSmiley on 5 hours ago

It looks great, sweetdreamzzz!  Absolutely the only thing I can see that could be improved upon (and that is too minor to mention) is the smoothness of the fondant.  I appears that the finish - buttercream, ganache, whatever - underneath the fondant was not completely smooth, so it left the fondant a litttly lumpy.  Again, this is so minor, only another decorator would ever notice.  Beautiful cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%