What You Charge For This?

Business By Courtneyscreations2011 Updated 27 Feb 2018 , 3:32pm by Courtneyscreations2011

Courtneyscreations2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Courtneyscreations2011 Posted 11 Feb 2018 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 4

Okay so I need help? I can’t tell whether I’m under or over charging for this cake I make?! I  make it an 8 inch double in the 10 inch double.  I Homemade everything! So advice?! I’ve been charging $55.00???? What You guys charge for this and it 8 inch and in the 10 inch?What You Charge For This?

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Feb 2018 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 4

You need to study all the posts on this site (and others) that deal with pricing.  How much to charge?  NOTHING!  It is a copyrighted design - and Disney at that! - so you cannot sell it in any way, shape, or way or for any price! 

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 13 Feb 2018 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 4

Exactly what kakeladi said. Disney is pretty vicious when it comes to copyright infringement. My pricing, less the bow and minnie ears, would be $96 for the 8" round and $152 for the 10" round. Pricing is very regional but also don't sell yourself short. I am in NW Florida currently. My buttercream cakes start at $4/per slice. I am middle of the road for this area. If they wanted the bow, I would probably add $5-$10 extra for it. I also take a 50% deposit to book the cake and require the remaining balance 1 week prior to its due date.

Courtneyscreations2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Courtneyscreations2011 Posted 27 Feb 2018 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you. And I was doing the talk to text when I was posting the original post, it was supposed to say I’ve been wanting to charge $55 that for that cake luckily I made that for a family friend so no payment was received. Yes thank you for that I will not be doing! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%