Ganache With Buttercream Filling ?

Decorating By ellimak13 Updated 8 Feb 2018 , 4:17am by SandraSmiley

ellimak13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellimak13 Posted 6 Feb 2018 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 9

Hello All, 

So I recently tried a cake with white chocolate ganache filling and also covered the cake in it. My question is :

Can I fill my cakes with buttercream and then frost with Ganache on the outside ? Will that work out fine ?

My second question is should I offer ganache as my normal base filling and outer icing when completing buttercream cakes. I really prefer to work with it on the outsides of my cakes. 

Thank you in advance 

8 replies
Evy911 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evy911 Posted 6 Feb 2018 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 9

That should work fine, as long as you don’t have bulges at the sides of layers. Keep it smooth.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 7 Feb 2018 , 1:51am
post #3 of 9

This whole cake, all 45 inches of it, is torted and filled with buttercream and iced on the outside with white chocolate ganache.  It worked perfectly and there was plenty of filling to fulfil the desire for buttercream.Ganache With Buttercream Filling ?

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 7 Feb 2018 , 7:39am
post #4 of 9

Stunning cake Sandra, beautiful smooth ganache finish.

SandraSmiley Posted 7 Feb 2018 , 3:58pm
post #5 of 9

Thank you, 810whitechoc!!  I was tickled pink to be able to get it that nice - first time!

ellimak13 Posted 8 Feb 2018 , 4:10am
post #6 of 9

Oh my that is soooo beautiful ! Thank you for showing me and including you're expertise. 

post #7 of 9

Oh my that is soooo beautiful ! Thank you for showing me and including you're expertise. 

post #8 of 9

Thank you !!!

SandraSmiley Posted 8 Feb 2018 , 4:17am
post #9 of 9

You are so very welcome, ellimak13 and thank you for your sweet compliment!  Like you, I am in love with ganache.  So much more stable than buttercream.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%