Suggestions

Baking By Ndarleneh04 Updated 31 Jan 2018 , 8:15pm by fondantslinger

Ndarleneh04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ndarleneh04 Posted 25 Jan 2018 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 9

Tier Cakes are really not my forte, I was asked to make a “wedding like cake” for 100 guests The most I would do is a two layer cake

8 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 25 Jan 2018 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 9

You could use different height stands and place one cake on each to give the effect of a tiered cake but not actually having to worry about the support necessary for a tiered cake.

Freckles0829 Posted 25 Jan 2018 , 4:43pm
post #3 of 9

Here is a picture of what I am trying to describe...

Suggestions

You could use any combination or type of stands that goes with your design and possible decor of the event.

JustOneMoreCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustOneMoreCake Posted 25 Jan 2018 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 9

Oooh, that stand!  Where can I get that stand??

Freckles0829 Posted 25 Jan 2018 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 9

@JustOneMoreCake I believe it is the Wilton 3-Pillar Cake Stand (http://www.wilton.com/3-pillar-cake-stand/307-350.html) but you could probably find it for a bit cheaper on Amazon.

JustOneMoreCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustOneMoreCake Posted 25 Jan 2018 , 5:08pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks Freckles!  Sigh, though.  You know, I have a love/hate relationship with WIlton.  I wish they had more competition!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 25 Jan 2018 , 7:53pm
post #7 of 9

Check Etsy for cake stands  - I did not check first but I have searched it before for other purposes!  Or type multi level cake stand in your browser and see what comes up.

That looks like a great way to get a lot of cake without a lot of tiers (or tears!)

Good luck!

Theresa

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Jan 2018 , 9:52pm
post #8 of 9

Some 15 yrs ago I got similar stand from I think it was Bakery Crafts.   There are several pix in my album showing it's use - here's one:  Hearts Delight on Cake CentralIt's called a 'single use stand' and was very inexpensive.    

fondantslinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantslinger Posted 31 Jan 2018 , 8:15pm
post #9 of 9

I'm pretty fortunate, I have 4 boys & at times I call upon them to make things for me.  I can't tell you how many times instead of always having to buy things online or retail stores my boys came thru for me with wood & good old PVC pipe.

You can get finished wood rounds at home improvements stores (& can paint them any color you want to go with a theme as well as paint the pipe or ribbon wrap it)  get a few connectors, flanges to bolt things down underneath with, different size PVC pipes (just scrubbing off the ink markings of sizes & stuff on the pipe is actually way harder than putting the whole thing together -use steel wool) just a few blocks or wood buns for feet  if using a large board.

I have had a few cakes on one very large board I dressed & the boys assembled several different height stands to it. Finished off with LED candles & flowers & voila!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%