Odd Birthday Cake

Lounge By bubs1stbirthday Updated 9 Jan 2018 , 10:16pm by bubs1stbirthday

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 2 Jan 2018 , 4:27am
post #1 of 14

I am super excited about my cake this year........... I asked hubby if he was making me a cake this year (9th Jan) and he jokingly said to me I could make it myself.................. so I thought about it and decided we can all decorate a tier

There will be three tiers, one for my daughter who is almost 5, one for my hubby to decorate and one that I will decorate. I have the job of baking, torting, filling and making all the icings, I will also crumb coat my daughters then let her have at it (I think she had decided on a lolly and sprinkle theme lol), hubby will decorate his completely but because I want to stack them I will torte and fill so they are even.

I can't wait to see all the cakes come together and am super excited, next year our youngest will be old enough that the two kids can decorate one together so now I am all excited about this years cake and also super excited about next years haha.... just wanted to share that with people who get how excited you can actually be about a cake.

13 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Jan 2018 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 14

that's gonna be sweet -- wonderful for you!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 3 Jan 2018 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 14

That sounds great!  Happy Birthday!

One year for Mother's Day I made plain cupcakes with a smooth icing to make a flower bouquet and brought it over to one of my sister's house. I brought different color icing and different tips and decorations.  We all decorated the cupcakes in a flower (or something!)  pattern, including the little ones and the boys/men and then joined them all together into one bouquet arrangement on top of a vase cake that I also brought.  It was a lot of fun as a group effort !  Turned out a little Picasso-like if you know what I mean!!  It sounds like your birthday cakeS will be the same joyful experience.  Have fun!

T

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 3 Jan 2018 , 11:33pm
post #4 of 14

What a wonderful idea!  It will be so much fun and I can see a family tradition in the making!

bubs1stbirthday Posted 4 Jan 2018 , 5:20am
post #5 of 14

Thanks all - can't wait to see it come together!

Theresa, that sounds like so much fun and very special, hopefully ours will be just as spec as yours :-) 

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 8 Jan 2018 , 3:05am
post #6 of 14

Happy Birthday! Can’t wait to see the finished cake.

bubs1stbirthday Posted 8 Jan 2018 , 5:49am
post #7 of 14

Odd Birthday Cake

Well the idea of stacking them went out the window as everyone wanted to decorate the top of their cakes etc but we all had fun decorating the cakes together, my hubby and I both had lots of 'help' from Miss 4 and she had a ball squirting as much icing and stacking as many lollies as possible all while trying to take over our cakes as well haha.

It was nice to do a cake where silliness and fun was the goal rather than trying to get the cake 'just right', usually I spend a lot of time stressing out when making a cake, these were thrown together in about 20 minutes and we all laughed and raced around like crazy trying to beat each other haha - Clearly I lucked out on the lolly front as mine ended up with a paltry 2 lollies.

Looking forward to doing it all over again next year.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Jan 2018 , 1:53pm
post #8 of 14

so cool! happy birthday!!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 8 Jan 2018 , 2:29pm
post #9 of 14

Sounds like it worked out just as planned  - because everyone had fun!  That's great!

xo

T

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 8 Jan 2018 , 4:36pm
post #10 of 14

Such a wonderful, fun idea!  Happy birthday, my friend!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Jan 2018 , 9:16pm
post #11 of 14

What fun, happy memories you helped create for the family.   Sometimes - and this is one of them - plans that go awry make the best of times.

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 9 Jan 2018 , 11:25am
post #12 of 14

Happy Birthday! What fun cakes and great memories.

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 9 Jan 2018 , 1:31pm
post #13 of 14

Such a great idea you've had! It looks like you've had a fun time with your family. Moments like this one are made to be remembered.

Happy birthday!

bubs1stbirthday Posted 9 Jan 2018 , 10:16pm
post #14 of 14

Thanks everyone - we did have lots of fun and we now have a stockpile of cake pieces for lunches and snack in the freezer to last a fair while lol. Miss 4 wont let us cut hers though so we have frozen that one and will defrost to cut this weekend when we have family round :-) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%