Torani Syrup

Baking By paralegalnc Updated 29 Dec 2017 , 1:59pm by jchuck

paralegalnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paralegalnc Posted 28 Dec 2017 , 12:38pm
post #1 of 5

I have searched and can’t really find my answer. We got some Torani syrups and think it will add to our flavor pallette.  We are making a vanilla cake from scratch and was thinking if using the mango flavored syrup. So my questions are:  if I use it as a simple syrup do I use it straight out of the bottle?   And how do I mix it with a whipped cream icing? Its a pre made liquid and I have to whip it to consistency.  Would you suggest using fresh mangos ( or puree mixed in icing) as a filling or is that over kill. It will be covered in MMF. 

Thanks

4 replies
jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 28 Dec 2017 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 5

I have used Torani syrup in my cake batter and as a flavouring in my icings. I have many flavours. Raspberry, pumpkin, caramel...Just use as you would an extract, like vanilla, etc. Don’t see why you couldn’t use as a simple syrup. But because it’s not as thick, and somewhat watery, I would apply very sparingly with a silicone brush. Otherwise could make your cake very soggy.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Dec 2017 , 11:58pm
post #3 of 5

Yeah, what she ^^^^ said.    Using it as a simple syrup alone will not give much flavor.  I think adding at least some puree in the cake also would bring out the flavor better.  Do you have time to experiment?  This is something that is probably going to take some testing.  Everyone's tastes are different so what works for one might not be what you want. 

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 29 Dec 2017 , 4:22am
post #4 of 5

I like to use freeze dried fruit (I grind into powders) for BC they help avoid excess liquid! I mix them into sugars as well. 

I also like to use purees to add a swirl  into my batters (like blueberries) to help keep moisture down as well. 

I've been curious about Torani specifically, I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to natural flavors/ingredients-they don't taste artificial? 

I've used liquors as a simple syrup to add some flavor but again that can get pricey.  

I like Pastry Portal for flavoring. 

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 29 Dec 2017 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 5

I have should have added in my original post that I also add different types of puréed fruit to my cake batter. I have actually added puréed mango to a cake I made last year. Was delicious.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%