Complex Cookie Cutter Issues

Sugar Work By Slightly_Askew_Cakes Updated 19 Dec 2017 , 12:06am by -K8memphis

Slightly_Askew_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Slightly_Askew_Cakes Posted 15 Dec 2017 , 11:31am
post #1 of 8

So I have a fairly complex cookie cutter that I had custom made (The liverbird Liverpool crest) and I can't get it out of the cutter. I don't know if I should roll it thinner or thicker or what?

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Dec 2017 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 8

try these several things -- i imagine you've already tried it dipped in plain flour -- next, spray some fat on it -- are you in the u.s.? we call it pam here -- the aerosol fat -- or take a little shortening on a paper towel and wipe the greasey paper over the cutter -- if that doesn't work -- flour it a bit after it's been greased -- then try again --

you're right -- sometimes the thickness is key -- but i tell yah -- if you cut it out of frozen cookie dough -- that's pretty sure fire -- because you can just push it out -- so somewhere in that i hope there's a fix :)

best to you 

-K8memphis Posted 15 Dec 2017 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 8

and use some centrifugal force with the frozen dough -- sling it out of the cookie cutter -- by snapping your wrist

-K8memphis Posted 15 Dec 2017 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 8

frozen dough and the greased cookie cutter -+ centrifugal force = sure fire

Nana52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nana52 Posted 18 Dec 2017 , 12:28pm
post #5 of 8

-K8memphis  I am constantly amazed at your knowledge.  I also have to tell you, you make me laugh when you answer three or four times.  I also understand your "tornado" brain and thought processes.  I do the same thing - think of one solution, then another, then still another!

-K8memphis Posted 18 Dec 2017 , 3:50pm
post #6 of 8

nana, thank you so much -- so very sweet of you to say blush

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Dec 2017 , 8:23pm
post #7 of 8

K8 said: .......centrifugal force with the frozen dough -- sling it out of the cookie cutter -- by snapping your wrist....

Yep I agree.   Just last night I had problems getting special 'dough' out of my cutters. I slammed the cutter along w/my wrist on the counter a couple of times to get them to loosen at least at one spot and then gently worked/eased the dough out.

-K8memphis Posted 19 Dec 2017 , 12:06am
post #8 of 8

yes, lynne -- that reminded me -- speaking of loosening up one spot --  sometimes for the aluminum cutters, i open the cutter itself up a bit -- just a little and that helps too --

slightly askew cakes -- how's it going

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%