Food Safe Plastic

Baking By Loupy Updated 25 Oct 2017 , 1:11am by kakeladi

Loupy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loupy Posted 24 Oct 2017 , 9:51am
post #1 of 3

Hi there,

I am making a cake for my dad's birthday and couldn't find a cake topper that was suitable. However, I have found a toy that will work but I'm concerned about the plastic it's made from. When I was looking at toppers they all said they were made from food safe plastic. Does this mean that the toy won't be safe to use? Is there any way around it? Any advice would be gratefully received blush

2 replies
maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 24 Oct 2017 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 3

If something isn't foodsafe, it may leach chemicals. It'll be fine if you just put a barrier between it and the cake--a piece of plastic wrap, wax paper, cake board, etc.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Oct 2017 , 1:11am
post #3 of 3

Yah......what maybenot ^^^ said :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%