How Many Boxes?

Business By Carla83 Updated 23 Oct 2017 , 9:01pm by kakeladi

Carla83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carla83 Posted 23 Oct 2017 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a cake and cupcakes for a gender reveal party in December and trying to figure out how many boxes to provide for leftovers.  I plan to have the 36 cupcakes all boxed prior so those aren't a concern but the cake will be delivered stacked in my large transport box.  The cake is going to be a 14, 10, and 6 (130 people expected).  At parties that I have served cake I usually unstack and serve the larger tiers first because then if there are leftovers then the smaller amounts are easier to accommodate.  I fear that this mama to be is being unrealistic in the number of guests she is expecting for a gender reveal party.  Not a shower. A gender reveal only.  (There will be a separate shower to take place in March for which I will be hired to do that cake also, as long as they are happy with this one, my best friend is one of the hostesses). I'm afraid she's going to end up taking a 14" cake home untouched.  Then again, she could be completely correct. I don't want boxes to go to waste but also don't want her to be upset at not having enough containers if she does end up with a ton of leftovers. 

thoughts?

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Oct 2017 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 4

i left two boxes -- one big enough for the largest tier and a smaller box -- like a 6" -- just add it to the cost of doing business -- makes hostesses happy -- eliminates complaints -- doesn't matter if they need them or not -- i just routinely did it

Carla83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carla83 Posted 23 Oct 2017 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks k8!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Oct 2017 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 4

I never provided boxes for leftover cake.  That is up to the customer to do with as they choose.  But.....K8's idea of adding extra cost for providing them makes sense. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%