Who Was Your Creative Insperation?

Lounge By shdvl Updated 20 Oct 2017 , 7:33pm by kakeladi

shdvl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shdvl Posted 19 Oct 2017 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 4

Earlier today I learned my grandmother passed away. She was one of the strongest woman I know. Born the first child of a farm family in Minnesota she helped her father with the outdoor chores from a young age never learning to cook. This was in the 1920s and 1930s. In 1946 She meet and married my grandfather whom she was with till his death in1996. As a young mother of 2 She moved cross-country to Oregon where my Mother and uncle were born. Together they built a life that included as house literally made crooked by the Columbus Day Storm, extended church family, and a total of 9 grandkids, 5 Great grandkids before my grandfather died. She did finally learn to cook and I use several of her recipes during the holidays. In 2000 She suffered a masive stroke that took her ability to speak, walk for a time and the use of her left arm which She worked at regaining use of. Today I have to tell my 3 kids their Gigi passed away. She had 4 kids, 9 grandkids, 14 Great grandkids and 3 Great great grandkids. Two of whom preceded her in death. 

My grandmother was my hero. One of the examples I had of how a lady. End a Christian acted. Who was your insperation.

I am posting this here because it's safe that the kids not told yet would learn about it from a social media post instead of a parent..

3 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 20 Oct 2017 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 4

Sorry for your loss, shdvl.  Your grandmother sounds like an amazing lady.  My mother was my creative inspiration.  She was an excellent cook and baker, very accomplished painter, and the best seamstress I've ever known on both the sewing machine and hand work.  An amazing gardener, she seemed to have a magical green thumb.  Most of all, she was my best friend until her death two years ago.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Oct 2017 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 4

i'm sorry your sweet sweet grandmother passed -- now all those beautiful memories crystallize like gemstones

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Oct 2017 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 4

It's always hard on those of us left behind when one of our loved ones joins Jesus.  May He see you through this difficult time with much love.  So far no one in particular comes to mind as my hero/creative inspiration.  I have to give all that c redit to God Himself. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%