Topper Help

Decorating By Raynebow88 Updated 20 Oct 2017 , 7:22pm by kakeladi

Raynebow88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Raynebow88 Posted 18 Oct 2017 , 10:15pm
post #1 of 6

Hello! My daughters birthday is coming up next week and she would really LOVE to have this very cute princess poppy cake. Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can make the princess poppy topper on this cake??? The hair part is what's worrying me. I just can't figure it out. TIA!

5 replies
Raynebow88 Posted 18 Oct 2017 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 6

Topper Help

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Oct 2017 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 6

You mean the part that comes down over the ears?  Or the topknot?

The hair over the ears is easy - just cut fondant the same as is done for the garss/leaves at the bottom only leave it connected at the top - that's hidden by the blue band.   If it's the topknot, use a 1/2 ball cupcake or cereal treats and cover w/fondant.

Raynebow88 Posted 19 Oct 2017 , 6:18am
post #4 of 6

Hi thanks for the reply. I had circled the part of the hair in red. I'm wondering how to do that. Is her whole head made out of cake you think? @kakeladiTopper Help

CakeBren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeBren Posted 20 Oct 2017 , 2:22am
post #5 of 6

This YouTube tutorial might help:  

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Oct 2017 , 7:22pm
post #6 of 6

The video does show using cereal treats.  It's a good help for you  I think.    I would use a pan to shape it...the mini doll skirt pan or even a bowl you might have that's the right size/shape.  The whole head can be done that way or cake - it's up to you.  It might be easier to work w/if it's all RCTs. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%