Glitter In Fondant

Decorating By beththarp0710 Updated 8 Oct 2017 , 8:52pm by -K8memphis

beththarp0710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beththarp0710 Posted 8 Oct 2017 , 1:46am
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever tried adding glitter into fondant? I want sparkly but not over the top. I thought it would be kinda cool to knead some gold into white fondant for my daughter's 10th birthday cake. Has anyone had any success with doing this? I'd use non-toxic glitter. 

4 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 8 Oct 2017 , 4:11am
post #2 of 5

You would probably have a better results if you dusted the fondant with a edible glitter.  You would probably have to brush a light coat of alcohol or piping gel to help it adhere to the fondant.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Oct 2017 , 10:38am
post #3 of 5

if you use non-toxic you would remove the fondant before serving -- 

but for me i would only use edible

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Oct 2017 , 8:46pm
post #4 of 5

For years I used non-toxic (anything) because I thought that meant if someone ate it it would most likely not be harmful... think: Elmers glue...if kids (anyone) ate it it would not be harmful per their advertising.   But...I  have since changed my mind.  Non-toxic glitter is still (very fine) ground up plastic and gold contains heavy metals.  The heavy metals are stored in the body, never 'eliminated' and over the years can build up to a toxic level.  

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Oct 2017 , 8:52pm
post #5 of 5

not directed beththarp -- just rambling here --

yeah and for the record i think it is silly to remove fondant before serving the slices that you paid extra for in the first place -- i think you should just not put it on there at all really -- i mean they don't put weird things on top of my mashed potatoes or fried chicken -- please don't put it on my cake -- i'm just running my mouth -- just in general -- not to op

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%