Help Finding Whipped Cream That Is Firm

Decorating By daracelim Updated 3 Oct 2017 , 4:35pm by daracelim

daracelim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daracelim Posted 2 Oct 2017 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 4

Yesterday was my first time using pastry pride the pink one and it was melting even in the freezer. I just want to know which is the frosting that Mexican bakeries use for their tres leches cakes or the light fluffy one from the wedding/sweet15 cakes.that one I noticed that it's light in sweetness but it firm up in the fridge and doesn't melt when it's out. Is it pastry pride permiere? I use crusting buttercream for my cakes but it's too sweet I just wanna have different options . Thank u in advance

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Oct 2017 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 4

Pastry Pride was never intended as a frosting for cakes :(  I talked directly w/the company about this years ago when it 1st started being used by decorators.  Frostin Pride is what should be used.  I have no idea what you mean by "the pink one" :(  Is it pre whipped or semi frozen?  Either PP or FP needs to be whipped to stiffness - BUT.....can be *over whipped* easily.  If it is over beaten it will go on the cake just fine but will start cracking after about 15-30 minutes.  NO amound of trying to smooth it out will last - it will just crack again.  Good news is it's easy to fix it once it has been over whipped - just add a bit more liquid Frostin Pride to soften it.    The fact that yours is melting means to me it was not whipped - at all or certainly not enought.  No it does not firm up in the rfig or freezer - it must be whipped.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 3 Oct 2017 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 4

I have tasted the Mexican bakeries tres leche cakes. One I tasted was excellent but another time the frosting tasted like a gloppy gummy nasty taste. It was horrible. Even the children who tried it could not eat it and we ended up throwing it away!! It was bought by a mexican person that I knew. It must have been one week + maybe more days old. I wonder if Pastry Pride was used for the frosting since no one cared for it. I prefer heavy whipping cream frosting with 10X sugar and piping gel which is very easy to pipe with.  I use the Wilton stabilized whipped cream frosting recipe on the net.

daracelim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daracelim Posted 3 Oct 2017 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%