Cupcakes

Baking By mrileyoct1 Updated 7 Oct 2017 , 1:54am by remnant3333

mrileyoct1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrileyoct1 Posted 21 Sep 2017 , 12:26am
post #1 of 6

Few quick questions. I have been asked to do cupcakes for a friends wedding. She sent out 170 invites and will have a small sheet cake 1/2 there. I know most people do not cut the 2"x2" pieces. How many cupcakes should I bake? And about how many batches of frosting using a 1m tip do you think I would need for said amount of cupcakes? 

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Sep 2017 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 6

Duplicate post.

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 5 Oct 2017 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 6

Ok Kakeladi..... I think I am officially giving up on the WASC . It is just not in the cards for it to work out for me. Have you made your recipe in the last couple years with the new cake mix formula? I went back to your original recipe and followed it exactly, even using the Betty Crocker mix. I did the baking temps like you said, rapped pan heavily after filling.  I'm attaching a pic of this. Now I used to use WASC years ago and it was awesome. Tight crumb, beautiful texture, great mouth feel....but not with the new mixes. I contacted all the main cake mix manufacturers months ago and they did say they changed the formula when they changed the box size. Looks way over leavened to me, what's your take on all this? I totally respect your opinion. Cupcakes

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Oct 2017 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 6

Well yes I have  used the recipe w/the 'new' sized smaller box mixes and didn't notice any adverse problems.  I did some 36 cupcakes back around Easter but I did not eat them - they were for a potluck.  Really sorry you are having so many problems.  It might indeed be the change in mixes.....I don't know :(

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 5 Oct 2017 , 10:40pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks Kakeladi, just wanted to show you how they turn out for me,  when I make my scratch cakes they turn out beautifully..... Guess I'll stick with that, but I do remember how good that WASC used to be. Haha sometimes I bet you throw your hands up in the air with all our cake woes and inexperience on CC...

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 7 Oct 2017 , 1:54am
post #6 of 6

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ee/f3/89/eef389c06e81526d463fc18c939c2c10--cupcake-wedding-dresses-wedding-dressses.jpg

The above cupcakes would be cute for a wedding with the dress pattern. Just a thought

They also have cupcake bouquets which are very pretty too. Some people get different sizes of empty flower pots, they take a glue gun and glue together 5 inch plastic cups to fit in the flower pots. Some put tissue paper into the cups in green or whatever color you choose then put the cupcakes which fit into the plastic cups. Some people just use the 1M piping tip and do rosettes. Others pipe roses, etc. They now have the russian tips that are very easy to pipe flowers with. Here is a couple of pictures of cupcake bouquets. I am a hobby baker so others here probably would have a lot of more ideas of how you can present the cupcakes. 

http://www.jillybeancakes.co.uk/cupcake-bouquets/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%