Frosting Recipe

Decorating By caz1988 Updated 5 Sep 2017 , 10:16pm by kakeladi

caz1988 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caz1988 Posted 4 Sep 2017 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Guys

I'm a novice Baker, I tend to bake cakes for family birthdays, I have always used buttercream (butter and icing sugar) to crumb coat and then roll out icing over the top. I have seen a few YouTube videos on amazing decorated cakes and they all cover the cake in a white frosting and they seem to just use the same stuff coloured and piped onto the cake. Does anyone know what the recipe if of this frosting.

TIA

Carys

3 replies
youngj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
youngj Posted 5 Sep 2017 , 1:45am
post #2 of 4

A lot of the icing is buttercream icing, Butter/high ratio shortening/ clear vanilla/ powder sugar.

Or it might be a swiss migraine icing. I personally have never made it or used it so I can't say what goes in it.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 5 Sep 2017 , 7:35am
post #3 of 4

I use the following for my peanut butter frosting which everyone loves. Goes great on chocolate or vanilla cakes or even banana cakes.

Peanut butter frosting

22 tablespoons butter

3/4 cup crisco shortening (from the stick)

2 pounds powdered sugar

1/4 to 1/2 cup heavy cream (Start by adding 2-3 tablespoons) You don't want frosting too thin so If I think it needs more then I will only add one tablespoon at a time. If piping you don't want to add all of the 1/2 cup

1-2 tablespoon light corn syrup (This gives it elasticity for better piping, writing or piping drop lines)

Cream butter and shortening together till smooth. Add 10X sugar a little at a time. If you put too much in at one time the sugar flies all over counter so do a little at a time. Add maybe 2-3 tablespoon cream.  Add flavoring. Add light corn syrup. Mix till it gets smooth. I sometimes let it mix for about 10 minutes on medium.

For peanut butter frosting add 1 1/4 cup smooth Peanut Butter at end. Mix well.

2 teaspoon Vanilla flavoring (Some people like to add almond flavoring 1/2 and 1/2) 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Sep 2017 , 10:16pm
post #4 of 4

I used this recipe in my bakery for a couple of years and it was very well liked.  It is easy to make and use:  https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/22469/2-icing          Take a look through my album to see the many all b'cream cakes I have done with it. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%