Frosting/filling Ideas

Baking By BlueEyedBonnie321 Updated 30 Aug 2017 , 6:00pm by BlueEyedBonnie321

BlueEyedBonnie321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueEyedBonnie321 Posted 29 Aug 2017 , 12:29am
post #1 of 8

My first successful cake is a BananaNut cake. Now the problem is what type of frosting and filling I should use for it. Any suggestions would be great please.

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Aug 2017 , 12:38am
post #2 of 8

Why not pineapple filling and b'cream icing?   Here's a good b'cream recipe:  ttps://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/22469/2-icing       And for for pineapple use jarred Simply Fruit jam.  That would make a simple version of Hummingbird Cake :)

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 29 Aug 2017 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 8

I one time made a banana pineapple  9 x 13 cake which was very moist. I bought the pre-made cheese cake filling that is made by kraft in the refrigerator section in a plastic tub and used that as filling. Then I made another 9 x 13 strawberry cake with real strawberries in the cake as the top layer.

I used stabilized whip cream frosting and mixed some blended strawberries into the frosting for the top and sides. Everyone loved that combination but all of the people could not stop talking about how good the bottom banana pineapple layer was. Everyone went crazy over it.  To this day the banana pineapple cake is my favorite because it is so moist and delicious!!!

Cake-Monster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-Monster Posted 30 Aug 2017 , 12:49am
post #4 of 8

Some kind of peanut butter buttercream should pair well with banana if you're looking for something a little out there.

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 30 Aug 2017 , 1:00am
post #5 of 8

Anything really! What do you like? Think of popular candy bars, ice creams, etc. 

I personally enjoy Nutella or Chocolate BC, Whipped Ganache, Peanut Butter Mousse or BC.

You could use cream cheese or vanilla bean BC, endless possibilities! Fruit flavors, think banana split-sundae flavors.

I think a chocolate fudge filling, drizzled with salted caramel and some nut brittle broken into small pieces!

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 30 Aug 2017 , 1:41am
post #6 of 8

Peanut butter and banana would definitely be a hit!!!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 30 Aug 2017 , 3:38am
post #7 of 8

In my opinion, the only option for a banana cake is cream cheese frosting.

BlueEyedBonnie321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueEyedBonnie321 Posted 30 Aug 2017 , 6:00pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you guys so much! I love the ideas ❤️

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%