Soy Free Cake And Icing

Baking By Cbenaske Updated 8 Aug 2017 , 10:29pm by bubs1stbirthday

Cbenaske Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cbenaske Posted 8 Aug 2017 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 5

The customer doesn't want gluten, dairy, or soy in the cake. I have the gluten and dairy free covered but not sure about the soy. Any advice y'all can give me?

4 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 8 Aug 2017 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 5

I was not aware there was any soy in a cake unless the baker chose to use soy milk???

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Aug 2017 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 5

Are y ou baking from scratch or mix?  As Sandra said, don't think there is any soy involved - especially if you bake from scratch.

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 8 Aug 2017 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 5

Soy is in everything - it hides in places that you never saw coming lol - however if you check all your labels they should list soy as an allergen (at least in Aus they do).

Both my children have been dairy/soy intolerant so I have spent many years checking labels. If you have a look in your health food aisle you will most likely be able be able to find a soy free alternative if using cake mix. If baking from scratch just check your labels but you should be fine.

Nuttelex is both dairy/soy free and works well for baking, I have found though that when making icings it can tend to give the icing a flecked look, still tastes great and holds up just fine though. If you want dairy free/soy free chocolate you will most likely have to use cocoa powder as I am yet to find a chocolate that contains neither.

If you have a recipe that is both GF DF and SF would you mind sharing it, ha my 3 month old son (Exc BreastFed so no D or S for me) is D is tolerant and my Grandma is G intolerant, would love to find a perfect  recipe (box is fine) that we can all eat without having to keep experimenting. Thanks.

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 8 Aug 2017 , 10:29pm
post #5 of 5

** D and S intolerant not D tolerant sorry, silly CC not letting you edit your own post!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%