Edible Printers

Decorating By crumbs_cakes Updated 10 Aug 2017 , 1:46am by KakeWalk

crumbs_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbs_cakes Posted 7 Aug 2017 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 2

Hello Everyone, I'm in awe of finding this beauty of a website as I've had a cake business for 7 years and needed help but never found the answers, yet here you all are. 

I wondered if I could get some advice on edible printers? From the previous conversations it's looking like Canon is a good shout but unsure on what model? I'm also confused by the difference between buying a normal printer and putting edible cartridges in it or an edible one as a package? Surely they have all had ink ran through them at the factory to test? I understand the danger of ink in foods. So please help? 

Im also from the UK so unsure whether models are different here to the USA? I like the idea of not having the u-turn. Another problem I have found from other users with the canon is the chip on the cartridge doesn't recognise? So causes problems with printing. Ideally needs to be chip free (If there's such a printer/cartridge?)

I'm not too worried about the Cost providing it lasts and is reliable. Probably spend approximately £140 including inks and edible paper. Another thing I need recommendations on is a good software package for the laptop to support the edible art that isn't ridiculously faffy and long to create. 

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm so worried about spending money on the wrong printer to find it's no good? 

Sorry for all the questions but I'm just so happy to find such a group!!! 

Thank you in advance x

1 reply
KakeWalk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakeWalk Posted 10 Aug 2017 , 1:46am
post #2 of 2

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%