Frozen Buttercream Transfer Help

Decorating By SomethingSweetOEC Updated 8 Aug 2017 , 4:06am by SomethingSweetOEC

SomethingSweetOEC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SomethingSweetOEC Posted 7 Aug 2017 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 4

So I'm thinking of trying a buttercream transfer for the first time. I've done royal icing before and that was easy but I want the softer image this time that I can cut through when serving. 

My question is, can a frozen buttercream image be lifted off the paper like RI or it absolutely has to be a reverse image and flipped over on top of the cake? I'm thinking it'll still be too soft to be lifted, I just need to confirm before I screw up! Also, any other tips for BC transfers? 

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Aug 2017 , 9:19pm
post #2 of 4

A b'crem transfer is made in reverse image so when it is put on the cake you turn the image over and peel the paper off.   I have never tried to lift it off but of course it would depend on the image - how large, how may colors; any small arms, or other parts etc?  And how thick you make it & how long you leave it to fz..... Do you have time to practice?  Make a 2 or 3 color item fz overnight and see how lifting it goes.

SomethingSweetOEC Posted 8 Aug 2017 , 4:06am
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm a little pressed for time but I'm gonna try it out! 

SomethingSweetOEC Posted 8 Aug 2017 , 4:06am
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm a little pressed for time but I'm gonna try it out! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%