Frosting For Vanilla Cake

Baking By Wafa2012 Updated 6 Aug 2017 , 6:10am by Wafa2012

Wafa2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wafa2012 Posted 3 Aug 2017 , 3:10am
post #1 of 9

Hello every one :) 

I have to bake a cake. My friend wants a vanilla cake covered with fondant, so I am looking for frosting and filling combination. How about coconut pecan filling ( which is used in german chocolate cake) ? Any ideas  or suggestions? Or strawberry buttercream and cream cheese frosting? 

8 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 3 Aug 2017 , 3:12am
post #2 of 9

Since it is a vanilla cake, any kind of filling and frosting will work.  Why not ask her if she has a favorite?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Aug 2017 , 11:23pm
post #3 of 9

As sandra said, any filling will work.  Things like cherry, raspberry, apricot, even grape jams - ANY fruit jam - would work well.  The coconut pecan is fine too.  There are many, many other options depending on how fancy you want to go.  As for frosting.....fondant can be flavored with any extract or even some other ways - whatever pleases you ;)   Flavoring in a recipe are optional - they can change to whatever one likes as long as you stick to the basic amounts recommend.  It helps to use at least 3 flavors for a more complex taste.  Like butter, vanilla and almond or vanilla, lemon and orange or many other combinations.  Use teaspoon of the flavor you want to be the most, then 1/2 teaspoon of the next and 1/4 teaspoon of the 3rd one.  That is about the right total amount to any icing (fondant or b'cream) batch that uses 2 pounds of powdered sugar.

Wafa2012 Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 1:55am
post #4 of 9

Thankss alot for your ideas. They are going to help me

Wafa2012 Posted 5 Aug 2017 , 4:56am
post #5 of 9

Does Anyone tried to bake an angel food cake in a sheet pan instead of tube pan? 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 Aug 2017 , 2:59pm
post #6 of 9

I've never made an angle food cake in any sort of pan.  I like my cakes dense and sweet, lol!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Aug 2017 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 9

I personally have not made angle food cake in a sheet pan but have read of others who have.  

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 5 Aug 2017 , 6:44pm
post #8 of 9

I've done this many times and never had a problem. (Bake time is usually shorter.) Sometimes it's just easier to serve angel food cake in large squares.

Wafa2012 Posted 6 Aug 2017 , 6:10am
post #9 of 9

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%