Tequila Flavor Cake...?

Baking By eileen50538 Updated 29 Jul 2017 , 5:18pm by SandraSmiley

eileen50538 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eileen50538 Posted 25 Jul 2017 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 4

I have been asked to make tequila cake flavor with actual tequila in it. She does NOT want margarita flavor. (I tried to convince her to let me do margarita flavor) I have no experience in making cakes with liquor in them. I did read somewhere that you add actual tequila in the baking process then afterwards wet the top part of the cake with more tequila once cooled before adding frosting. This just sounds gross to me. Any tips? Any one else made this and can give me some insight? What kind of icing for this? I was thinking maybe cream cheese with tequila in it... Thanks.

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Jul 2017 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 4

What  you read is right.   This would be the same as making a champagne cake.  As for adding/pouring over the cooled/finished cake....what you do is actually use a spray bottle & just lightly moisten it.  Any kind of icing can be used.  Maybe there is a tequila extract....they certainly is for champagne:)  If so you could use that in the b'cream/cr ch icing.  My icing recipe does not use any liquid so if you want to use it you would have to find some extract or not use that flavor in the icing at all.    http://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/22469/2-icing     If you don't have a good cr ch icing recipe I suggest Earlene Moore's.  It is on her site - look it up.

CupcakeLissa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeLissa Posted 29 Jul 2017 , 5:51am
post #3 of 4

I agree with above ^^

I've done something similar with an orange liqueur cake. I would add tequila to your mix then let the cake cool and then using a wooden skewer make some holes through your cake. Use a pastry brush to apply more tequila to the sponge. Let it dry a little and add more if required. I'd treat the process similar to a fruit cake you would make at Christmas but without the time to make it in

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 29 Jul 2017 , 5:18pm
post #4 of 4

@eileen50538 ‍, I agree that it sounds gross!  Tequila on cake, eeeuuuuu.  Glad the other ladies are able to help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%