Help Me With A Name

Baking By Gigi113 Updated 13 Jul 2017 , 3:26pm by VCTreats

Gigi113 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gigi113 Posted 12 Jul 2017 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 4

Hi! My name is Gigi and I am a nurse practitioner who loves to bake! I've been doing small stuff here and there all for family and my 2 girls (3years old and the baby almost 1) I've always loved to bake but began truly learning how to decorate after spending a small fortune on my daughter's first bday cake lol! I totally see now how time consuming it all is but I'm so glad I learned and continue to learn about cake decor for them to always look back on pictures and know that their mommy made their cakes

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Jul 2017 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 4

That's a tall order w/little info :)  Do you have a speciality - fondant, b'cream, sheet cakes, multi tier, or ??  Where do you live?  Like 'Rural Cake Palace' or 'BIg City Creations'?    'Gigi's Handmade Sweets'; give us some ideas of what you would like included or NOT included.

Gigi113 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gigi113 Posted 13 Jul 2017 , 12:24pm
post #3 of 4

Ah! Great point! I'm fairly new and open I can do fondant and buttercream cakes and cupcakes. I love making different things like bouquets etc..I love your suggestions! Thank you so much!!

VCTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VCTreats Posted 13 Jul 2017 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 4

I agree with kakeladi, pick a name that not only describes what you do, but also one that helps differentiate you from others that might be in your market. 

When describing what you do (or want to do) try to be as specific as possible so that the right customers find you. Choosing something like "Gigi's colorful kids' cakes and more" for example suggests that you do bright, lively cakes and treats that don't cost a fortune, whereas if you go with something like "Gigi's Special Occasion Cakes" it might imply that you make better quality, more formal / elegant creations that will cost the customer a bit more.

Once you have some ideas, be sure to share them with others to get some feedback before you print those business cards! : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%