Can I Bake A Cake In This Bowl?

Decorating By -TenderHeart Updated 9 Mar 2005 , 3:49am by -TenderHeart

heracastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heracastle Posted 8 Mar 2005 , 7:25am
post #31 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali4dawn

Do you think a cake would ship better over there is we sealed it first like in one of those food savers???

I'm very interested i the program you are using. I really like anysoldier.com and will continue to support them. However, we're not allowed to send home bakes goodies. I totally get why (terrorism comes from the strangest places) But I'd still love to bake some cookies and ship them over.

I don't know. I would think it would squish it unless you had it in somehting like the cookie tin, but then it would have to be better than moldy. icon_smile.gif I've not heard of anysoldier.com. There are a lot of regulations on what can be sent and to whom it's sent. Some I understand others I don't. http://www.adoptaplatoon.org/ will match you up with an individuals (or a whole platoon if you want.) You can send more personal stuff and have a good idea of what they might need. For example I know if I send a big thing of wet wipes this week I need to send sunscreen the next. (ALthough that is a regular shipment over there.) It's nice when you hear back from them. Every now and then I put something in for the whole platoon, usually about 20 people. (Plus, you can send baked goodies.) I'll have to check out anysoldier.com.

Hugs,
Michelle

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 8 Mar 2005 , 7:38pm
post #32 of 34

Yeah, I was thinking if we "foodasaver" it and then in a metal tin to keep it from being crushed it just might make it. I guess we can do a test run at home. Leave it sitting o the counter for three weeks and see what happens. We can be sending other stuff in the mean time.

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 8 Mar 2005 , 9:03pm
post #33 of 34

Great looking cake Tenderheart!
Your discussion here of the soldier adoption inspired me! I've just sent in my application to adopt a soldier. I plan on sharing the links to the 3 sites you've all shared to my friends and encouraging them all to do the same.
Also, thank you Squirrelly Cakes, for sharing your great info. (again) icon_smile.gif

-TenderHeart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-TenderHeart Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 3:49am
post #34 of 34

Thanks so much, momsandraven! I was very happy with this cake. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%