Cake Pans

Baking By MamaGeese Updated 17 Jul 2017 , 5:47pm by remnant3333

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 10 Jul 2017 , 11:46am
post #1 of 7

Can someone suggest a place to buy a shiny aluminum tube or Bundt pan (for pound cakes)

I have all the good Nordic Ware pans and some of the plain tube pans. My cakes always come out too dark. I bake them at 315 degrees... If I go any lower they have a gummy streak. My oven temperature is not off. This never used to be a problem ....this only happens on pound cakes, not layer cakes. I'm stumped?? I love those old heavy, shiny pans and I can't find them anymore.

6 replies
h0mesweeth0me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
h0mesweeth0me Posted 13 Jul 2017 , 9:34am
post #2 of 7

I have made the switch to the silicone bundt pans. I find they work so well! and the cakes come out beautifully! And they are also much cheaper than the stunning, but expensive, Nordic Ware tins. They are also available on amazon.

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 13 Jul 2017 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 7

Here's a link.  I've been buying my regular pans here for years.  The crusts are hardly brown at all and the cakes bake very evenly.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/chicago-metallic-46540-9-1-4-aluminum-angel-food-cake-pan-4-deep/32646540.html

MamaGeese Posted 13 Jul 2017 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 7

thanks much, will check it out

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 15 Jul 2017 , 2:18am
post #5 of 7

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/cream-cheese-pound-cake-108969

Here is the absolutely best recipe for pound cake that starts out in oven with lower temps and you increase temperature gradually. See instructions above. This is the best pound cake I have ever had and everyone who has had it has wanted the recipe. Please try this. You will not be sorry but will have everyone wanting the recipe. Let me know if you try this!!!

MamaGeese Posted 17 Jul 2017 , 2:38pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks! I will try soon.....pound cake is my specialty, but always looking for other's opinions . I tend to like a golden crust on them, not too brown. The heavy Nordic ware pans are great! But they still produce too dark a crust. Maybe your method will work better

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 17 Jul 2017 , 5:47pm
post #7 of 7

It has a beautiful golden crust!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%