Should I Charge Extra For A Cake Order That Wants Cream Chees Frosting Instead Of Buttercream

Baking By brandi01 Updated 27 Jun 2017 , 5:55pm by brandi01

brandi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brandi01 Posted 26 Jun 2017 , 4:25pm
post #1 of 5

I have a cake order that want a cake that will be covered in fondant. She wants cream cheese instead of buttercream which was initially the frosting. I just need to know if I should charge more and how the cream cheese will hold up with the fondant. Will it be hard to decorate. 

4 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 26 Jun 2017 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 5

@brandi01 ‍ , I've never found cream cheese frosting to be very different from buttercream as far as consistency is concerned.  If it feels too soft, just add a bit more sugar.  I've used it under fondant and could tell no difference.

As far as charging more, I guess it depends upon the size of the cake and how much you usually charge.  A small uncharge would cover any extra cost, but I never charge extra.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Jun 2017 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 5

It will cost you a bit more to make Cr Ch b'cream.  It probably will depend on how much you are charging for the cake to begin with.   I never charged extra same as Sandra said.

brandi01 Posted 27 Jun 2017 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks a bunch! It actually was a little thinner but I did add more sugar to change consistency. Thank you.

brandi01 Posted 27 Jun 2017 , 5:55pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks a bunch and I didnt charge extra even though I did have to buy more ingredints to do the adjusments.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%