Cake Pop Display Help!

Decorating By Brandiib85 Updated 8 Jun 2017 , 11:03pm by mkcherry

Brandiib85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandiib85 Posted 8 Jun 2017 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 2

Hi. I am making princess cake pops that will sit on a platter or some kind of stand. I wanted to know what kind of paper or fabrix would be okay to use in direct contact with it to rest on??? Thanks! 

1 reply
mkcherry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkcherry Posted 8 Jun 2017 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 2

I never put my food on direct contact any kind of fabric as you just really dont know where its come from and if you wash it theres laundry soap residue / smell that isn't very pleasant for food either.  I would either 

1. cover the fabric in a clear plastic. If you take a square of cardboard and stretch the fabric over the board you can turn it over and glue down the fabric then repeat with food grade clear covering like plastic wrap, I dont think you should use the product  "contact paper" there's some debate over the safety of the plastics but plastic wrap is a good alternative

2. use any kind of fabric or paper you want and get bon bon cups (like little fluted cups used for cupcakes but smaller and sturdier) and you can put each pop down in its cup without worrying about it touching the fabric or paper

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%