Cake Tires Covered In Wine Colored Fondant

Decorating By btirado244 Updated 13 May 2017 , 10:16pm by -K8memphis

btirado244 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
btirado244 Posted 13 May 2017 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 4

Client wants a three tiered wedding cake with two tiers covered in wine colored fondant.  I found a formula online that calls for 60 parts red to two parts  blue to 1 part black.  Has anyone had good results making wine colored fondant?

Can anyone recommend their favorite pre-colored fondant? Some reds look dark pink to me. 

3 replies
rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 13 May 2017 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 4

Fondx makes a couple of pre-colored fondants that are in that range of color. Maroon and burgundy. Caljavaonline.com has them. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 May 2017 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 4

wine can be a real tricky color -- i would dust it wine colored -- i would keep it easy on me -- sure you can mix it but it depends on the particular colors you get to work with -- they are all different --

but if i was gonna mix it -- i'd take three blobs of fondant -- each about a half cup and color each blob the red, blue and black -- write down exactly what you add -- and add a lot of color because these will be your color seeds -- combine a portion of each one of those till you get a dark version of your color -- add some of that to your base color if you're using white or more red or whatever -- let it rest overnight --

geez the more i think it through the more i wouldn't do it -- i'd dust it -- 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 May 2017 , 10:16pm
post #4 of 4

yeah rychevamp has the right idea, buy it -- but i'd have some dust ready for control too -- just moi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%