All In

Business By joeyww12000 Updated 4 May 2017 , 6:27pm by Jeff_Arnett

joeyww12000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joeyww12000 Posted 4 May 2017 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 2

So I tested the market for a while last year at home. I was surprised by how many orders I got. It became difficult with a small child at home, but I have a better plan now. Last time I was also working another job that took my weekend delivery off the table. I want to go all in this time. The market is kinda saturated with at home bakers doing it non legite. I'm not going to worry about that since I assume they will fade away. What is your best advice on starting a legit at home service. Thanks.

1 reply
Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 4 May 2017 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 2

What are the laws governing cottage-food business in your area?  They can vary tremendously from state to state and even county/city within a state!

Contact your local health department or whatever government agency oversees these type operations in your locale and see what you requirement are.  

Some allow in home businesses, some require a separate kitchen dedicated solely to your business and some require a separate facility all together.  

It can be fairly inexpensive to meet the requirements or it can be quite expensive...it just depends on what law(s) have jurisdiction where you live.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%