Friday Night Cake Club For 4/28/17

Decorating By catlharper Updated 5 May 2017 , 9:50pm by Cinnabear14

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 29 Apr 2017 , 3:20am
post #1 of 17

Opening up another session of the FNCC. All levels of cakers are welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you can.

Cat

16 replies
catlharper Posted 29 Apr 2017 , 3:21am
post #2 of 17

Hey everyone...we are celebrating my sons 16th tonight. Catch up with you all in the morning!!!

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 1 May 2017 , 12:48am
post #3 of 17

?? No cakes this week from anyone? Odd....

My mom's birthday was yesterday and because of time constraints I had to go with plan B.  After seeing so many of them online, I joined the unicorn craze and made her a unicorn cake :-)  I saw an adorable anime version that I really liked so that is the version I went with (but there was no watermark on the photo to give credit to the person who designed it).  The cake I made her was banana choco hazelnut cake which is banana cake with chocolate ganache and Nutella SMBC.  I was worried that the slight brown color from the Nutella would ruin the look of him as most I've seen are white but I liked the way he looked and my mom really liked him too.  

Hope to see some more cakes.....

kstevens Posted 1 May 2017 , 12:49am
post #4 of 17

PhotoGrid_1493597586937.png

catlharper Posted 1 May 2017 , 2:43am
post #5 of 17

OMG @kstevens ‍ that is one of the most adorable things I have ever seen! LOL!  I did have a cake this week but am waiting for photos of it. I wasn't at the party (where there was decent lighting) and so I don't have any good ones of the cake to share yet. Will do so as soon as I can. My son is a cheesecake fan so I didn't make his cake this year but bought it from a local cheesecake place here in town. He was in sheer heaven...enough for me to consider learning how to make them! LOL!

Here is all I have of the cake. It was purple and white zebra striped inside. The fondant was rainbow marbled with lusterdust on it to make it sparkly.Jae.jpg

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 1 May 2017 , 4:31am
post #6 of 17

@kstevens ‍ love your unicorn cake. I am in awe of how clean and perfect your cakes always turn out.

@catlharper ‍ love the sparkly cake.

I made cookies for lab week. I still need lots of practice on making then, but my co-workers loved them.

IMG_1635.JPG

ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 1 May 2017 , 4:44am
post #7 of 17

Ok here's the Make a Wish / Icing Smiles, under the sea / Hawaii cake! The Facebook postings were awesome! She looked so happy

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 1 May 2017 , 5:25am
post #8 of 17

HAWAII ICING SMILES AND MAKE A WISH CAKE2.jpg

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 1 May 2017 , 5:29am
post #9 of 17

smile Nice cakes ladies! 

@kstevens ‍ I'm a huge unicorn fan! So pretty!

hep275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hep275 Posted 1 May 2017 , 7:07am
post #10 of 17

Not done in the last week but this is the most recent cake I have done - it was a lemon madeira.  It was made for a cake sale at work, part of a colleague's fund raising for the MoonWalk (UK walk in aid of Breast Cancer).  It alone raised £185.  I really enjoyed making it, it was a nice fun cake to do.easter cake 1.jpg

kstevens Posted 1 May 2017 , 3:33pm
post #11 of 17

@catlharper ‍ thanks for the compliment!  It was a fun one to do but I also was a little nervous about it being pretty much a one shot deal with the piping.  I do have to say that piping with SMBC is a dream!

The little girl in your photo looks thrilled with her cake!  Can't wait to see pictures of the whole thing.

@Marian64 ‍ there are flubs in the unicorn that you probably just didn't notice.  I always manage to touch the buttercream when applying fondant details.  Your Erlenmeyer cookies are fun!  I have the same cutter.

@ElizabethsCakeCreations ‍ congrats on your Make a Wish/Icing Smiles cake!  It is so sweet!  Turned out great!  I love all your details and the effect you used for the waves.  I have signed up for that but have never been called to duty.

@hep275 ‍ your bunny cake is adorable and congrats on raising lots of money with it :-) 

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 1 May 2017 , 6:25pm
post #12 of 17

@kstevens ‍ I don't think there's enough bakers in Ontario because I just had a cake in February as well. Maybe we can get you to ship a cake lol yours are so gorgeous. I bow down!! 

Cinnabear14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cinnabear14 Posted 2 May 2017 , 6:11pm
post #13 of 17

Friday Night Cake Club For 4/28/17

Cinnabear14 Posted 2 May 2017 , 6:13pm
post #14 of 17

Sorry this is so BIG!!! This is my Bunny Butt cake I made for Easter. I know, not this week, but I was still proud of it...I'm doing an Army cake for Thursday Funeral relieved so I might post that when it's done.

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 5 May 2017 , 9:47pm
post #15 of 17

Sorry for the late posting. I have'nt been able to login to the site in more than a week. Now that I'm in, The pictures are not showing except for cinnabear... I'm sure everything looks good, hope to see them soon.

@Cinnabear14 ‍ super cute easter cake, love it.

Cinnabear14 Posted 5 May 2017 , 9:49pm
post #16 of 17

@Last is, thank you!!!

Cinnabear14 Posted 5 May 2017 , 9:50pm
post #17 of 17

@Laetia, darn auto correct!! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%