Stock Up On Butter & Eggs

Baking By -K8memphis Updated 16 Apr 2017 , 1:35am by AAtKT

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Apr 2017 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 13

prices seem to be better than usual on butter & eggs -- even for a holiday time period -- i didn't check for sugar & flour but if you can stock up -- now's the time -- i got land o'lakes for three bucks a pop -- mighta had a better price at sam's club but good enough for my purposes -- eggs are at a great low price -- 'course doesn't have the shelf life of butter but -- strike while the iron's hot -- maybe not the best metaphor for butter & egg but anyway --

happy easter, happy spring, happy happy

green_heart purple_heart green_heart green_heart purple_heart green_heart green_heart purple_heart green_heart green_heart purple_heart green_heart green_heart purple_heart green_heart green_heart purple_heart green_heart green_heart purple_heart green_heart green_heart purple_heart green_heart green_heart purple_heart green_heart

hope i didn't screw up everybody's phone with all the hearts blush

12 replies
Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 14 Apr 2017 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 13

Around here...butter seems to be stuck in a price rut...at most places name brands are $5-6 a pound and store brands anywhere from $3-5.  Eggs are cheap...18 usually sell for less than $2 and milk can be had for $2.50-3 a gallon...but butter prices have remained elevated for over a year now!

wntrdove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wntrdove Posted 14 Apr 2017 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 13

Thank you for the tip. Just checked the weekly circular an my store has the brand name cheaper than the store brand this week. Going to stop on my way home and stock up.

hep275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hep275 Posted 14 Apr 2017 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 13

Butter in the UK has really gone up since before Christmas.  It was less than £1, then went to £1.09 and last time I was in Tesco I noticed their own brand is now £1.18.  Silly prices.

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 14 Apr 2017 , 8:04pm
post #5 of 13

I just stocked up today! Butter was on sale 3 for $6.00, usually 2 for $5.00 and eggs we're 79¢!

-K8memphis Posted 15 Apr 2017 , 12:18am
post #6 of 13

geez i wanna go shopping with you, ypierce -- hey i'd be happy to go on a non-sale day -- $2.50 a pound -- get outa here!

hep, what quantity of butter do you get for that price? that's like super inexpensive 

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 15 Apr 2017 , 12:31am
post #7 of 13

Lol I was excited! Butter is always on sale here, it's weird. They also had their 4lb bags of powdered sugar on sale 2 for $5 and they are $4.69 not on sale. It was a good day. 

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 15 Apr 2017 , 1:27am
post #8 of 13

Butter is usually always on sale here at different grocery stores; 2.99$/each when it's usually 5.99$/each.

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 15 Apr 2017 , 1:27am
post #9 of 13

Butter is usually always on sale here at different grocery stores; 2.99$/each when it's usually 5.99$/each.

Magda_MI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magda_MI Posted 15 Apr 2017 , 2:49am
post #10 of 13

I've noticed before that lots of grocery stores put eggs on sale before Easter.  Which makes sense.

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 15 Apr 2017 , 12:07pm
post #11 of 13

Three weeks ago the Land O'Lakes was Buy one Get one Free at the grocery store...

Did we stock up?  Heck Yeah!

The next week it was the same sale... Got more...

My freezer is full of butter now... lol

-K8memphis Posted 15 Apr 2017 , 3:31pm
post #12 of 13

aatkt -- buy one get one free -- are you kidding me? for butter? omg

-- thud --

i fainted

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 16 Apr 2017 , 1:35am
post #13 of 13

Two weeks in a row...

and Land O'Lakes to boot...