How Much Does Wilton Method Instrucor Is Payed

Decorating By Devd Updated 17 Apr 2017 , 4:36pm by Devd

Devd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Devd Posted 12 Apr 2017 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 4

Hello Everyone !!

Myself Madhulika, till now i have been decorating for fun but now i want to earn from cake decorating.

I was interested in Wilton method instructor's job.I read a lot of post on this subject and have a rough idea how much they pay but these posts are very old , they are not recent once.

So plz guide me if someone is already a WMI .

I am based in NJ and i have a 4 year old kid so i wasn't looking for a full time job .

Does wilton classes are conducted only at evenings ?

What do they ask if there is an interview? 

If i do 3 to 4 classes in a week how much am i going to earn in a month, will i be able to pay my babysitter?

3 replies
Bakerlady2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakerlady2 Posted 12 Apr 2017 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 4

You will probably have to contact Wilton and ask them those questions. 

CakeyBakey2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeyBakey2 Posted 15 Apr 2017 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 4

You are paid on how many students you have in your class..which can be a big risk, because sometimes there are very small class sizes and they still have to run the full course. On top of that you are not compensated for all the tools, buttercreams etc.. you have to make and bring to every class; nor all the prep time before class making your cakes, buttercreams, packing your tools or the clean up time after class. I was a WMI years ago and didn't do it for very long, it just wasn't worth it your class sizes have to be huge in order to be fully compensated for all the time and money you are putting into that course..sometimes you're lucky if you break even. 

Devd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Devd Posted 17 Apr 2017 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 4

Thankyou CakeyBakey2.

I wanted to share my views and ask fellow CC members  so posted to CC .

I am a beginner and i have the basic training in cake decoration. I wanted to know my options.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%