How Much Does Wmi Gets?

Lounge By Devd Updated 17 Apr 2017 , 4:57pm by Devd

Devd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Devd Posted 11 Apr 2017 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 6

Hello Everyone !!

Myself Madhulika, till now i have been decorating for fun but now i want to earn from cake decorating.

I was interested in Wilton method instructor's job.I read a lot of post on this subject and have a rough idea how much they pay but these posts are very old , they are not recent once.

So plz guide me if someone is already a WMI .

I am based in NJ and i have a 4 year old kid so i wasn't looking for a full time job .

Does wilton classes are conducted only at evenings ?

What do they ask if there is an interview? 

If i do 3 to 4 classes in a week how much am i going to earn in a month, will i be able to pay my babysitter?

5 replies
SayItWithFrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SayItWithFrosting Posted 16 Apr 2017 , 12:44pm
post #2 of 6

Here is a link to the info on the Wilton page- there are questions that you can click on at the right side of the screen.  http://osf.wilton.com

A lot depends on where you are teaching and how well the store you are teaching at markets the classes, or how well you market them yourself, because you are paid based on the number of students in each class.  It also depends on how large the classroom is since some stores only have space enough for a few students.  This is not typically something you are going to be able to do full time.

I would say if you have a Michaels or Joann store near you that offers the classes, go and talk to them to see if they are looking for an instructor, and ask them the typical number of students they have when classes are offered, and how often they do them.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 17 Apr 2017 , 4:33am
post #3 of 6

Lousy...lousy job. Ok, it was fun---any excuse to play with sugar--- but certainly NOT for $$$$. I didn't need the money, but thought it was rude and offensive to think that ANY company would expect me to work for LESS than minimum wage. You are a "contractor" so minimum wage DOES NOT apply.

I did a Joann's store. They expect YOU to do the open houses (FREE!) and my store was zero for support and "selling" classes for me.

It was fun to teacher and fun to do, but the deal breaker was when they dropped the class minimum to TWO students. A 2 hour class (plus my set up before, clean up after and MY materials) paid $15. Remember, all the materials you provide. So when you demo a cake (Class #1), it is at YOUR expense. <FYI, class #1, you bring in your mixer and your stuff, making icing, and show torting and icing a cake----- all with your ingredients>

It was a couple years ago, but it was going downhill fast. And then they added internet classes and "make it myself' kits in store. Few people were committing to actually coming in for 4 classes. Wilton was trying "mini", one day things too.

Maybe a current WMI will post the pay scale info that is current....

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 17 Apr 2017 , 4:38am
post #4 of 6

PS. 2013-2014

Devd Posted 17 Apr 2017 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 6

Thankyou johnson6ofus for your information.

Devd Posted 17 Apr 2017 , 4:57pm
post #6 of 6

Thankyou sayitwithfrosting for your responce . I saw you images , they are great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%