How Would You Achieve This?

Decorating By LittleBroccoli Updated 14 Mar 2017 , 6:28am by LittleBroccoli

LittleBroccoli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBroccoli Posted 13 Mar 2017 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 5

Customer has asked for this cake to be done in 4 days! I need a quick but effective way of achieving the lace part. My piping skills are not so strong so I'm hoping I might be able to do it with a stencil and royal icing, or maybe sugar lace. I've told her the lace won't be exactly the same as in the picture, but a similar look will be achieved......help please!! How Would You Achieve This?

How Would You Achieve This?

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 Mar 2017 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 5

Well, that's piped and its honestly not difficult.  It just takes time.  If you look closely, it's not perfect.  And because the piping/design is all-over, you just need to watch the scale of the design.  Start with the big paislies, then fill everything in.  You can do it!

LittleBroccoli Posted 13 Mar 2017 , 8:50pm
post #3 of 5

Do you think ??open_mouth I noticed it wasn't that perfect actually, (but still pretty) 

It scares me slightly, but you've given me hope Leah....I will give it a go! I'll draw something similar to copy because going off that photo will drive me nuts. What size nozzle do you reckon? 1?  smiley

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Mar 2017 , 1:06am
post #4 of 5

I have a *very* light squeeze, so I'd use a 2 or 3 to get a delicate line.  I worked with a woman who could get a #12 line from a #2.  Just depends on how you squeeze.  Since you're piping a lot, I'd use something where I didn't have to maintain a lot of pressure on the bag.  Practice a bit on your countertop.

LittleBroccoli Posted 14 Mar 2017 , 6:28am
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much Leah! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%