Seven Minute Frosting

Baking By NanaCin Updated 3 Mar 2017 , 4:37pm by Jeff_Arnett

NanaCin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaCin Posted 3 Mar 2017 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 2

I always make a seven minute frosting for my husbands birthday cake and I don't like that it will not hold up longer than a day. Can anyone help me on this. Is there anything I can do to stablize the frosting so It will not melt and last.  

Thanks,

Cindy E.

1 reply
Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 3 Mar 2017 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 2

I do hope someone can help on this one.  I have been very unsuccessful with 7 Minute for as long as I've baked.  Growing up, my next door neighbor always baked all the kids in the block and Angel Food cake for our birthdays, and she frosted the cake with billows of 7 Minute icing...it help up for days.

A few years ago I found a great cheat...even though I prefer strictly to make everything from scratch, this has been one compromise I can live with!  Betty Crocker has a Fluffy White Frosting Mix.  Most groceries and Walmart carry it.  I just order several boxes at a time from Amazon to have on hand.

You add the powder to 1/2 cup boiling water and beat until stiff....about 7 minutes.  Only thing I do different is add a teaspoon of extra vanilla.  It works great and holds up beautifully!

[postimage id="6553" thumb="900"]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%