Help!!!

Business By Cakemomma5 Updated 14 Mar 2017 , 9:54pm by kakeladi

Cakemomma5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemomma5 Posted 28 Feb 2017 , 2:58am
post #1 of 11

I have a guy wanting me to make a cake similar to this for his wife's b-day... I don't have an edible printer and can't find this picture from any website that does edible prints to order. Also he doesn't want it on fondant, he wants all butter cream.  Is this cake still possible?  If so,  please give me tips!  Thank you in advance!  

10 replies
BeeBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBakes Posted 28 Feb 2017 , 2:59am
post #2 of 11

Did you include a pic? I don't see anything 

Cakemomma5 Posted 12 Mar 2017 , 1:54pm
post #3 of 11

Help!!!

Cakemomma5 Posted 12 Mar 2017 , 1:55pm
post #4 of 11

I thought I had attached one,  but apparently it didn't work!  I posted one on here now!  Hopefully you can see it and help me!  Thank you!  

BeeBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBakes Posted 12 Mar 2017 , 2:05pm
post #5 of 11

I would try finding a similar pic, as a cake artist you could tell him you don't duplicate others work but could do something similar.

wasn't sure if the places you're looking at for edible prints have a particular selection, but have you tried Etsy? 

If that doesn't work and you're going to try the painting route I'd suggest a really good crusting buttercream.

Or maybe paint them on cookies and stick the cookies to the cake ? 

Or try royal icing transfers ? Although I don't know how that would work for something that size...

Hope that helps? 

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 12 Mar 2017 , 3:24pm
post #6 of 11

That definitely looks hand painted to me, but does he know that it is going to be an edible image? I just typed in Beauty and the Beast edible images and a lot of Etsy shops popped up, as suggested, I would try there. Edible images can be done on butter cream cakes. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Mar 2017 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 11

Just a reminder that is a copyrighted picture and as such you legally cannot sell anything with that image on it.

Debfox442 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debfox442 Posted 13 Mar 2017 , 1:23am
post #8 of 11

It looks like it could be a black and white edible sheet. Try searching for a local cake supply place in your area. Some have edible printers that can print for you. The only problem is mine charged $9/sheet, so I bought my own printer! smile  Sometimes Sam's Club or Walmarts or Costcos that have bakeries have edible printers that you may be able to have them print one for you. Just a suggestion!

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 13 Mar 2017 , 3:24am
post #9 of 11

If you Google this cake and who made it, it is hand painted and not an edible image. I forgot all about the copyright legality as Kakeladi mentioned. 

Cakemomma5 Posted 14 Mar 2017 , 3:50pm
post #10 of 11

Thanks everyone the copyright laws is what I was afraid of...im not sure how those work and if I could have this printed put as an edible or not!  I thought this looked hand painted too but he wants all buttercream and I'm not sure that would look good painted on icing. So is it illegal for me to put this on a cake? 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Mar 2017 , 9:54pm
post #11 of 11

Yes it is illegal for anyone to put a copyrighted image on *anything* and then sell it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%