Dreading The Topsy Turvy Any Advice???

Decorating By Miss.Reynolds Updated 14 Mar 2017 , 8:07pm by Expatmum

Miss.Reynolds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Miss.Reynolds Posted 24 Feb 2017 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 8

I finally got the request. For a Topsy Turvy that is. And the picture they sent to me is completely AMAZING. I have seen some videos in which bakers make that "hollowing" center of the bottom tier to fit the top tier in. But I am looking at this picture and it almost looks like that wasn't done here. Any thoughts or suggestion? Also they cover their cakes flawlessly. Do you think that's buttercream or a thin sharp pointed covering of Fondant? Thanks! Image result for alice and wonderland cake pinterest

7 replies
Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 7 Mar 2017 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 8

I can't see your picture....but...not all TT cakes are made by carving out holes and trimming cakes at an angle.  

Some people use standard tiers of cake, but use styrofoam wedged between them to give the crooked effect to the cakes.  Perhaps that's what the cake in your picture uses.....

Miss.Reynolds Posted 7 Mar 2017 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 8

Oh thank you so much for getting back to me! @Jeff_Arnett ‍ . I have been researching like crazy for the past week! That sounds like a good, idea using the wedge. I dont know whats wrong with my picture confounded Thanks again! 

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 8 Mar 2017 , 7:39am
post #4 of 8

Absolutely love that picture! Take a look on YouTube at Yolanda's (How To Cake It) topsy turvy cake tutorial! It may be helpful? lol.

Miss.Reynolds Posted 13 Mar 2017 , 9:42pm
post #5 of 8

Thank you @GIGGLEBOX2014 ‍ I LOVE Yolanda! She makes it all look so easy lol. 

Expatmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Miss.Reynolds Posted 14 Mar 2017 , 4:05pm
post #7 of 8

Oh wow! You are awesome @Expatmum ‍ !‍ I went on FB to ask her if I could use her design but I didnt see this picture. Thank you! 

Expatmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Expatmum Posted 14 Mar 2017 , 8:07pm
post #8 of 8

you're very welcome. Best of luck! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%