Castle Cake & Luster Dust

Decorating By TracyRN15 Updated 14 Feb 2017 , 11:26pm by TracyRN15

TracyRN15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyRN15 Posted 14 Feb 2017 , 11:31am
post #1 of 4

I'm new to cakes and mostly decorate for family & friends over the past couple of years. I'm attempting a castle cake for my daughter's 3rd birthday next month.   Pretty much anything I need I have to order online including for high ratio shortening.  I'm placing an order this week from The Bakers Kitchen and was wondering about their luster dust for painting?  I'm reading good and bad about buying the lusters so I'm nervous since I can't run out and buy another brand. I plan to paint the cone turrets for some Princess sparkle.  The cake will be white buttercream with a brick impression mat for the main body but the towers with be fondant.  The birthday colors are the typical princess pink, lavender and blues.  

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Feb 2017 , 9:01pm
post #2 of 4

Have never used their luster dust but in general luster dust is a nice touch to many designs so It never hurts to have extra on hand for some last minute order so go ahead and order 2 or even 2 containers of luster dust. 

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 14 Feb 2017 , 10:05pm
post #3 of 4

Silver luster dust when used lightly gives any colour a sparkley sheen so I would order whatever colours you want and then a silver to cover your bases.

TracyRN15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyRN15 Posted 14 Feb 2017 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you!  I'll get the 3 colors plus the silver and maybe throw in a gold. I've read the gold can be weird though and show up orange to green

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%