Need Help With Pricing This Cake

Business By crazycakesandtreats Updated 13 Feb 2017 , 11:20pm by kakeladi

crazycakesandtreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycakesandtreats Posted 12 Feb 2017 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 3

Ok so I have a request for a 2 tiered cake... With cake pops. Cake pops i am charging $1.75 per pop. bottom tier I have priced. Its a 10 at $100 or 12" at $125 round covered in blue buttercream rosetes.   This is something i normally do so im good but the 2nd tier would be one of these 3.... 6" sphere cake pumpkin like the cinderella carriage with gold embellishments OR 6 x 6" pillow cake with glass slipper (slipper will be plastic) OR cinderella doll cake 8" bottom 6" middle 4" top carved and covered in fondant. See photos.Need Help With Pricing This CakeNeed Help With Pricing This CakeNeed Help With Pricing This Cake

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Feb 2017 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 3

well for the record -- your 10" cake is $2.60 for a traditional sized serving and the 12" is $2.23 per -- no good reason for that variation --  but -- sculpted cakes and sculpted cake tiers should be like twice the price of a regular serving at a minimum -- give or take -- but you are already really low ball on your cake prices -- 

you could raise your prices 50% maybe in two different times and still you're on the low low end -- and nothing wrong with that it just is harder on you to profit -- what i mean is a 25% price raise now then another in six months or something --

make yourself more money! best to you

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Feb 2017 , 11:20pm
post #3 of 3

I agree w/K8 - if you are skilled enough to do the excellent work those pix show.   please don't misunderstand.....I don'y know your skill level and that does effect pricing.  Follow K8's advice and raise your prices. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%