Smbc Die Hards!

Baking By karmen.wong Updated 8 Mar 2017 , 2:34pm by GI

karmen.wong Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karmen.wong Posted 11 Feb 2017 , 4:00am
post #1 of 4

I'm looking for an answer as to why my smbc some times comes out super white and very airy. Or ivory and suppppper glossy. I have been using the exact same ingredients. And exact same recipe. For some reason it flip flops around. Today I made two batches and one came out white and the other came out ivory. The white version deflates as it seems to catch a lot of air- but it seems to harden better in the fridge.  The ivory glossly one seems to be softer even though being in the fridge for the same time. I'm sumpped. 

Thanks! 

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Feb 2017 , 12:23pm
post #2 of 4

maybe your egg whites are too warm and they melt the butter in the glossy one -- so the water in the butter separates out

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 11 Feb 2017 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 4

Incorporating air will make it whiter.  The longer you beat it with your beater blade the airier and whiter it will become.

Also, as k8 said. Your meringue and your butter should not be too warm when you add them together as it will just melt your butter. 

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 8 Mar 2017 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 4

I set the timer after adding frozen cubed butter to 30min exactly for mixing so as not to under mix.  Same color every time.  (I always think its ready but then check the timer and oh no, it still has another 6minutes to go!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%